This course explores common issues impacting the quality of transfers and bed mobility, describes techniques to improve functional movement, and evaluates select interventions with respect to a client's individual condition and stage of disease.
The content of this course was taken from our comprehensive Physical Therapy Course.
This course does NOT offer CEUs.
Functional Training: Optimizing Physical Mobility
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe techniques to improve the quality of transfers and bed mobility.
- Demonstrate appropriate education and mobility intervention for the patient/client with late or advanced stage PD and the care partner.
- Discuss the importance of the interdisciplinary team as it relates to PD.