Balance and Fall Prevention
This course explores the six domains of balance, approaches to balance rehabilitation, and strategies to reduce fall risk due to PD-related gait and balance impairments.
The content of this course was taken from our comprehensive Physical Therapy Course.
This course does NOT offer CEUs.
Improving Balance and Preventing Falls
Fall Reduction Strategies for Gait and Balance
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Summarize the domains of balance control that are affected by PD.
- Identify Parkinson's-related gait and balance impairments that contribute to fall risk.
- Discuss exercise programs that have evidence in the literature for improving balance in PD.
- Apply treatment strategies for gait and balance to reduce fall risk in PwP.